Monday 23 February 2009

Whatever floats your boat

My sister works for an unnamed museum that houses a lot of nautical paraphernalia (it does have a name). They collect models of ships. I found a model of a ship on the internet. It is made from food. Mostly meat. Some pastry. She decided to put it forward as a serious piece for the acquisitions department to consider, sending them a rather sincere note. The good thing about an email is that you can keep a straight face:
Dear Steve and John,

Would the Museum be interested in acquiring one of these? My brother suggested it. I think it's long term conservation may be an issue, but it's a very interesting piece. Maybe I should recommend the plans to Jerry?

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/article.php/20080212-The_Meat_Ship

Best wishes,
Here's the reply she got:
that's really quite unpleasant.

1 comment:

Marigold Alley said...

That's really quite an understatement...